Friday, June 09, 2006

OK, Fine...I'll create one

After many months of being pressured by family and friends to create a blog, I have decided that now is the time to start. This blog is set up to keep in communciation with family and friends. I do plan to put some "nuggets of truth" into most of my blogs; however, I would like to put a disclaimer on my posts which contain biblical truth. I will do my best to interpret the scriptures currectly; however, if you read something that is interpreted incorrectly, don't be all upset; instead, you may kindly send me a friendly email explaining my incorrect interpretation. Also remeber, I will try to keep the nuggets of truth to be "nuggets" of truth, meaning the truth will not be theologically deep, but rather elementary.

I started to record different happening that have occured withing the past few weeks so when I accually set up my blog I would have a "wealth" of information for all 2 or 3 of my readers.

6-3-06
A Nugget of Truth-
Ephesians 4:1- The fact that we are to walk worthy of the calling that God has given us is a truth, but the later part of the verse said that we are to do it HUMBLY (as well as some other things). The point I would like to make is that Paul did not want the church to get “puffed up” because they have a great calling from God, but to understand they have a great calling and at the same time to be humble about it.

Happenings-
Right now I am in Atlanta, GA working for Chick-fil-A. Today there was a ropes and challenge course that mine and other CFA teams went to. It was an ok time. The 3 things that I learn was 1) the importance of integrity in the workplace even if it causes consequences, 2) The importance of learning from your mistakes (i.e. Tomas Edison, and S. T. Cathy), 3) Exploratory Communication


6-5-06
A Nugget of Truth-
Ephesians 4:17-ff- It is clear in this passage that when one accepts Jesus Christ in his/her life, then there should be a change. The Scripture says there is to be a “New Man.” The Scripture is also very clear that in verse 25 of that chapter that a fellow Christian should approach a believer in love if the believer does not live like a “new man” should.

Happenings-
Yesterday was Sunday and it was the first time I attending a contemporary church on a Sunday. The worship time was obvious very different from what I used too and the worship time seemed to be more of a “production” then a “worship service.” I think the people in the congregation are sincere in their worship, but it seems to me that most of them were not singing along with the band, and it just seems to me that the music at the church I attend in Wisconsin [www.brooksidebaptist.org], is much more spirit filled because the people are genuinely singing their heart out to God. However, I must say that the preaching was exceptionally good. The message was based out of the book of Luke where Peter was learning to trust Jesus in his daily living by casting the nets out into the sea during the day time. The message was geared toward Christians and there was an encouraging word to those that have not accepted Christ to do so; however, there WAS NOT a clear presentation of the Gospel during the service.

During the afternoon, I had the privilege to go to Bubba Cathy’s house (Truett’s son’s house) (Truett is the founder of Chick-fil-A). The house was beautiful, and it seems like the house where God is recognized. I did not have the opportunity to meet the family at the house, but while I was there, I saw many bible verses throughout the house. This was a great encouragement to me.

Today was another day at the Corporate Office at CFA (Chick-fil-A). There was a lot of marketing training. I had the privilege to meet the founder of CFA, S. Truett Cathy. Later on in the evening we went to an Atlanta Braves game (Braves Lost). It was tons of fun hanging out with the California teams.

06-06-06
A Nugget of Truth
For the last few years I have had an increase desire to help those who are in need, but sometimes my own desires get in the way and I care more about myself and my needs and wants then others. While I believe it is not unbiblical to think of ones needs or family needs, I think based on Ephesians 4: 28, that every believer has an obligation to help those in need if they have the opportunity to do so. If you do not have the extra income in your budget right now to help others, create an opportunity to help others by cutting out some of your own wants and desires out of your financial budget to give that little extra.

Happenings
Today was another day of training. I was very tired but I had the opportunity to learn a lot about spirit nights, family nights, kids nights, and extreme makeover dinner style at Chick-fil-A. The day was also very motivational. Like I said earlier, I was tired from the start today; however, by the end of the day, I was revved up about serving the Chick-fil-A California Operators this summer and my team is looking forward to the experience as well. Later on in the evening both of the CA teams went out for a nice dinner. It was a good time of fellowship. One thing that I like about this group of teammates is that they all claim to be believers. I always consider it a privilege to talk to other believers about the greatness of God, and how God is at work in my life as well as others. I know that it is an encouragement to me when I hear others talk about their relationship with God, and I hope that I am a blessing to others as well.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

hooray for bob! woo hoo! i am sooo excited that you have a blog! i love you! seems like you are having fun! keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home