Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Bitterness

A Nugget of Truth:
Bitterness=angry and resentful. Resentful=aggrieved and ill-used. The first part of Ephesians 4:31 tells us to put away are bitterness. I know that when I am bitter against something or someone, my life if miserable when I think about the situation. One can not be like Christ and still be angry and resentful. Put off your bitterness. Talk to God about it. Since He does not want you to have it, He will find a way for you to get rid of it :).

Happenings:
Tuesday was the first day that my team and I worked in a Chick-fil-A unit. Tuesday was a blast!! In the evening be had a kids/family night. We had 2 cows during the event, face paintings, and I made balloon animals!! When the event took off I would ask the child, "What color balloon would you like?" then I would ask, "What would you like me to make?" Both questions are bad ones to ask children. I would here request for me to make a whale, dolphin, turtle, cow, rainbow, car, and one girl asked me to make a balloon look like her mommy--none of which I can make...or for that matter would want to make. Then some kids wanted colors that I did not have like black..."I want a black dolphin!!" So I quickly changed my strategy. I realized that swords and dogs were the easiest things to make, so I would pull a balloon out of my pocket (lets say its red), and say to the little boy, "Do you want me to make you a big red sword, it will be so kool!?!?!" The kid loved it and it was easy for me, it also made the line go quicker because they did not need to think about what they wanted to get. Above is a picture of some of the kids and their awesome swords trying to beet up the cow :)

About 1 1/2 hours into the family night I had an opportunity to look up away from the balloons I was working on and I saw a mad house! Every chair was taken, kids screaming, and employees working hard to serve the guest quickly. The whole night was awesome and I am proud of the operator of the store as well as his employees for making the night running smoothly. I also think my team did a great job that night as well!
The picture above is my team leader (Sean) standing next to a team member (Audrey) with our two awesome cows of the night. Sean and Audrey were dressed that way because the whole team was doing a 50's night.

3 Comments:

At 7:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Bob,
I am glad you started a blog! Keep me posted on your happenings and nuggets this summer!
Joel's blog is teenblast.wordpress.com and you can find updates about our trip there. Love you!

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

looks like so much fun! i wish i was there with you!

 
At 10:23 PM , Blogger Jim and Angel said...

how much fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home