Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Like Little Kids



A Nugget of Truth:

Some kids are so cool. This past week I again had the opportunity to meet a lot of different kids from different backgrounds at Chick-fil-A. I love how little kids look up to those they admire (whether it would be a pastor, teacher, brother, or father). The strongest relationship a young child should have is between him and his father. Kids often imitate what their father does, and some of those characteristics will be with the kid for the rest of his life. Eph. 5:1 tells us to be imitators of God, just like children. We are to "look up to" our heavenly Dad, and we should want to do what he does. Some kids will say, "My dad can do anything, and I want to be like him." As a Christian, my attitude should be, "My Dad can do anything, and I want to be like Him."


Happenings:
The past few days have been hectic...but fun. This past weekend, the orange county team, and my team went out for one of the member’s birthdays to Maggiano's (Italian Restaurant). The food was great; the food was probably the best food I have eaten, (besides my grama's lasagna). Things that are normally the best have a high price associated with them. There were 15 of us that night and our bill came to $641! The way it was set up, everyone had to pay the same amount. My bill after tax and tip was $47. That is a little bit much for me. But it was again, VERY GOOD!!

On Monday, my team (San Diego Team) took the Orange County team to the San Diego Zoo. I'm not much of a zoo guy, but it was pretty cool. My favorite animal there was probably the monkey. I thought it was cool to see the giraffes, elephants, and the tigers too. Later on in the evening, both of the teams went to one of the San Diego beaches. It was pretty cool there. We had a cook out and played some volleyball, and frisbee. The sunset was awesome to say the least (Picture to the top right). Once again, too see more of my pics, go to http://mbbc.facebook.com/photos.php?id=161300239&l=49a32 .

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

did you mean to say that you played frisbee? hehe. the typo is funny. i love the pics...absolutely love them! (although you need real smiles!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home