Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Nugget of Truth:
“But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.".” Mark 10:43b-45 ESV

Past Happenings:

I won $100!



It all started as a practical joke.
Maranatha students are always being told to be nice to the visitors and to get to know them a little bit, especially if they are in your room. Those that know me know that I love getting to know people. My whole family is like that.
For Example:
About a month ago, an old lady called my phone and she had the wrong number. I had the time to talk to her so I held a conversation with her for about 20 minutes.
It is hard sometimes to make time for visitors when there are 100 other things that need to be done.

My friends and I actually convinced the visitors that we have class in the dorm…and I was the professor.



The looks on their faces during my “class lecture” was priceless.



We told the visitors that the video camera was used to stream the video to the girls’ side of campus for the distant education class…they totally bought all of it.

I edited the video and entered it into a competition at school and won the $100.


The moral of the story
When you mix a practical joke with getting to know the visitors, it is easier to find 10 minutes to give them a good time at MBBC.

Below is the URL where you will be able to watch the “Herb Garden Class”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxbaOxcgiyo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home